Monday, July 2, 2012


My Final Thought on an Exceptional Class (Hint, Hint)



            Where do I begin to explain the best learning experience of my life? Mike and Damian have exposed to me a world that I have never known. I always thought of the city as being an area where Broadway shows take place, expensive foods are on every corner, and where the tree lights up every year. I obviously was wrong, New York City is so much more exciting, fascinating, and mysterious then I ever would have imagined.

            Mike and Damian have taught me that learning does not always need to take place in the class room. I think of it like this; I am in nursing school and in order to reinforce what I learned, I have to do the clinicals. This is kind of the same objective. By seeing, hearing, and learning all at the same time, my brain was challenged even more than sitting and taking a test. They have taught me that New York City is exploding with culture. As I learned from one of our tour guides “wealth is diversity.” I honestly feel that through my encounters with all different people and cultures throughout the city, I will be able to bring that to the clinical field of nursing. This class forces you to have an open mind. If you take the challenge to embrace this experience the long distance walking, weather, and 8 hour day will seem like a piece of cake. So much is going on and there are so many sights to see that the day passes you by in the blink of an eye.

            I would recommend this course to any student that is attending Molloy. Honestly, I feel that it should be made a requirement. The lessons and diversity that is learned can be used in any major or field that you choose. I will be visiting most of these places again one day. I know that I will reminisce on the days of the Gotham Experience and take what I have learned to travel the city subways, streets, and museums. I hope to see everyone around school! Good luck to all the students in the upcoming year! Mike and Damian, I could not thank you enough for such an eye opening experience. Have a great summer : ) !!


No comments:

Post a Comment